Local Conservative campaigner Arnie Saunders is the new Councillor for Kersal and Broughton Park after a spectacular triumph in the Kersal ward by-election held on Thursday 2nd March.
Arnie secured 850 votes to win gain the seat from Labour with a majority of 297.
Thank you to the voters of Kersal for electing Arnie as your new Councillor, and to everyone who helped out over the course of the campaign by delivering leaflets and speaking to local residents.
The Kersal result in full:
- Christopher Barnes, UK Independence Party, 182
- Mike Pevitt, Labour Party, 553
- Jason Reading, Green Party, 48
- Arnie Saunders, Conservative Party, 850
- Adam Slack, Liberal Democrats, 39
- Jonny Wineberg, Independent, 354
Photograph: Cllr Arnie Saunders celebrates with Cllr David Silbiger.