Cllr Karen Garrido is one of your three Conservative Councillors for Worsley ward. A former leader of the Conservative group on Salford City Council, Kare was the Ceremonial Mayor of Salford for 2016/17. Karen was also the Conservative Candidate for the first City Mayor of Salford in 2012.
Karen has served on Salford Council for many years representing Worsley Ward and prior to this the Worsley and Boothstown Ward. She has served as the Conservative Group Leader and Leader of the Official opposition until 2015 when she stepped down in order to take up the position of Ceremonial Mayor of the City of Salford. Karen is currently the Deputy Leader of the Conservative Group. Karen's main interest has always been planning including the environment and she serves on the Planning and Transportation Regulatory Panel. In addition Karen is deputy Chair of the Community and Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee, Overview and Scrutiny Committee, Employers Forum, Standards Committee and the Greater Manchester Scutiny Committee (Substitute) as well as the Bridgewater and Delph Restoration Committee. Member of the Worsley and Boothstown Community Committee and the Highways Task Group.
Advice Bureax; Held every Saturday
- Chair, Worsley Village Community Association (WVCA)
- Joint Organiser of Worsley Village Library Luncheon Club
- Worsley Village Library Coffee Mornings and library rota volunteer
- Chair, Worsley Events Group (WEG)
- Chair, Residents Against Inapropriate Developments (RAID)
- Member of Friends of Roe Green
- Member of Worsley Civic Trust